Environmental responsibility is a crucial part of Easynet’s operations. Easynet manages this with the following process:
- Assess and measure the impact of its operations on the environment
- Consult on change to reduce this impact
- Communicate and adopt change
Systems in place to reduce this impact include the installation of motion sensitive lights in Easynet offices; intelligent data centre design; assessing the impact on the environment of the entire supply chain; a prominent recycling programme, and engaging employees on environmental issues.
Easynet maintains compliance with environmental regulations, including but not limited to:
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Regulations (2006) (as amended)
- The Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations (2007) (as amended)
- The Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations (2009)
- The Registration Evaluation Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation (2007)
- The Hazardous Waste Regulations (2005) (as amended)
In 2008 and 2009, Easynet successfully passed audits by the Environment Agency for compliance with the Packaging Waste Regulations and the WEEE Regulations. In addition to environmental compliance, Easynet also measure and report environmental data including greenhouse gas emissions, waste arisings, and water use. Data are externally assured and are published annually.